Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Time..tick tick tick

Hmm, I am confronted continually with the issue of time. Elaborate on this time thing if you will, okay. I feel like I do not have enough time to keep in touch, to accomplish what I need to, to enjoy the work I am doing. Everything feels like rush rush rush. Which right now I am reconciled to because rush rush rush will get me to graduation. Oh yah, Graduation is June 9th 2006, that is for Vicki. Well, actually I think this whole blog is for Vicki because she sparked it with an email. She asked me if I would be free Monday? For a phone call? A simple ol' phone call? Surely I can spare minutes for that. Well I feel like a shit cause I don't want to give Vicki minutes, I want to give Vicki hours...if not days. Perhaps in other blogs I will elaborate on the importance of Vicki...right now understand she is one of the dearest women in my life who I never want to disappoint but continually I do. Kind of like a mother you love and respect...that is Vicki except in best friend format.
Okay back on track with this time issue. So, currently this academic thing is sucking the life out of my clock. Every year I progress the more expensive it gets, the less money I have in my pocket, or bank account. Well, I am in the final year...guess how much I have? Well, I am not doing too horribly actually...I will tell you my secret! FIVE JOBS! All part time, but all time eaters when you piece them together...FIVE JOBS, FOUR CLASSES....and somewhere out there my life hangs waiting for me to come back to it. And what do I go and do...apply for the MASTERS program! Sorry life...I don't have time!
Then when I think of time I think of all those little sayings, cliches about time. Those self help freaks who chatise us goal oriented people about focusing our time on the wrong things...what if I die in two hours, two hours after I write this blog and I have spent all my time working and working? And that still doesn't change my behaviour! Why? Because I don't want to die with the regret that I didn't try my hardest to get away from the life I know into a life I desire.
And with that, I am off to walk the long road to school!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"If I could put time in a bottle...."

Send this to 17.5 people in the next 12 seconds or time will cease to exist as you know it and you will be sucked into a nexus of ambiguity.

And no one wants that.

Sheyde said...

oh those forwards drive me buggy...although I always feel guilt when i hit "delete"...because what if I do get sucked into a nexus of ambiguity? UGH! And yet I don't even have the time to ponder suckage!