Thursday, March 23, 2006

overwhelmed

I just came from speaking with a PhD about my future Graduate plans. I am overwhelmed, I am frightened. The emotions don't come to me because I am afraid of my ability, I think, I believe I will do wonders in my Graduate program. I have complete confidence in myself to perform the tasks necessary. What scares me is my complete financial instability. HOW THE FUCK AM I PAYING FOR IT??? Okay, student loan...that is okay I am investing in my future. Okay, T.A. positions...depends on funding and competition from other students for those T.A. positions. I am searching out scholarships, actively. I am going to work over the summer...although that looks bleak the best I can hope to make is $10 an hour and I still have to pay rent and bills and food...maybe I can make food optional? I am scared that I will go through my graduate program the same way I am going through my undergraduate, working several jobs, cramming in courses...I am excited by my material..I know hard to believe, but I am one of the few who actually likes the work she is doing...but I have no time to immerse myself in the material and really enjoy it. Am I going to do that with my Masters?? Will I have a choice? I don't think so, I think the Masters program will be a scrape fest...
I am putting out the feelers though for a job that will pay good money...or what I might do is work several jobs at once...which I can do really well cause I won't be in school. I think if I can get to full time jobs and one part time I could really pull of saving up money and getting back on my feet!
Ugh, really wanted to get reaquainted with my friends again...say 'hi, how are you?' FUCK FUCK FUCK!

No comments: