Monday, April 10, 2006

Great idea :P


Okay, so I thought it would be a great idea to write about how home is constructed in our collective imaginations as well as our individual imagination. The construction of home is also a component to our collective and individual identity as functioning human beings. I also thought I would extend the idea further and talk about the effects of displacement and how that impacts ideas of home and identities linked with home. Home in my context can be the actual structure in which a person lives, a nieghbourhood, or even a country. All places are imagined realities of home.
Now begin laughing because I have to write twelve pages on the subject and just realized I have no freaking clue what I am doing! Do I even have a thesis? Not sure. Did I mention I have to have the paper done by Wednesday April 12th? And it is Monday...and well...nothing is written...notes are taken, kinda...
I hate myself.
I think my anxiety stems from the professor (before he knew what I was doing) saying "Goodthing you aren't an English major)....I AM AN ENGLISH MAJOR!! Oh the horror!
I can at least find good pictures. I like the whole homeless wolf image...what is the wolf without grandma's house?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This was an essay that when I heard the topic my interlocutor went, "Damn, why didn't you think of that?"

However, I am also infamous for taking on essay topics that are ridiculously difficult, and my stress level shows it.

Sheila, I empathize and wish you all the best on this one.

Sheyde said...

Funny, I wish my interlocuter said "Hello? Don't be so damn ambitious!" Seriously, my topic has produced BOOKS...I shouldn't be so broad. I am scared...
And what sucks the most is while I sound good, he is going to see right through my bullshit! UGH, why do learned people have to read my essays, why cant' kids in grade five read my essays???