Wednesday, July 12, 2006

clever...bad


Well, I am attempting to get back into my creative spirit. I have always found that when I get back to my writing I am more balanced and I believe in myself more. So, in "White Studies" I became slightly inspired...and scribbled. I really need a notebook on a string...one that goes around my neck...but it needs to be small and manageable, not like some clunky thing that is obvious and obnoxious...maybe that isn't what I need, but I know that I would write more if I had a more effective way of writing then trying to search around in my bag for a book or a paper to write...if my space for writing was accessible the moment inspiratin popped into my head...if there are any suggestions out there let me know.

Okay, words...

"one thing led ot another, small strings attached to another, tied into a web" <--cliche

"Strange mother you found my words/peeled them back/ my lined paper/ and ripped out all of the letters/ I was left with words"

Some people have seen my Strange Mother work before...I actually have an extensive Strange Mother work...I am hoping if enough of what is in me will squeeze out onto pages perhaps the actualization of becoming published will happen.

Keep squeezing sugar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gotta' have useful and unique qualities. How about magnetic... one one the back maybe. And not a weak little round magnet either, I'm talkin' about one of those big-assed flat jobbies that will leave a dent on your refrigerator. OOOH! Maybe the whole thing is a magnet and you move the files around to spell out the poems or create the image or put a moustache on the picture of a llama or something...

Yeah... magnets are cool.

Is there some way we could incorporate fire here? I'm open to suggestion.

Sheyde said...

I have to admit, I am confused by your post Todd. I thought for a moment I knew what you were talking about...but...well when I keep re-reading I ...well I get more lost on the point...

I used to have fridge magnets that were words...I used to get a lot of inspiration from them...but I don't have them anymore. I went into a novelty shop and saw several stacks of those things for like 40 dollars each...and each box with it's own theme...and while I wanted the words back on my fridge, I had trouble deciding on a theme because I was afraid that a word might be left out and that would be the word that would be integral to the story...themes=bad...I didn't want to be confined to a theme...not after all this time of exploration and busting out...and then when I think back on that I think "wow, I am pretensious, all concerned about themed box of words"