Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Allergic


I think I am allergic to cloudy days.
Now, vaguely I am serious and yet not really. However, today is cloudy and my eyes are weepy and my nose is slightly runny and I feel bloated (the bloated feeling is attributed to my sex though...not allergies).
I wish there was such a thing as being allefic to cloudy days. Wait there is...S.A.D. Seasonal Affect Disorder or something like that.
I often speculate that somehow I am one of the many who, if for prolonged peroids left out of the sun become sad. Of course two days of cloudiness does not make a sad She. I am just currently being goofy. More than likely I had a rough night last night and my body is attempting to repair.
However, in the winter the valley becomes a place of doom and gloom. Constantly the skies are overcast and when we get snow it quickly goes from white to grey. The valley traps the clouds and refuses to let go of them all winter long...probably because the valley is recovering from the pain of an excrutiatingly bright summer, the land is completely scorched by the time September ends and desires the long sleeved cloud cover of winter.
Enevitably, I begin to feel the effects of no sun during the winter. Depression comes more readily and I find myself seeking sources of reported happiness...Vitamin D, St. John's Wort and a visit to a tanning booth to stave off any gloom and doom. Invariably finals show up and essays which I am not prepared for and all my happy feelings get squished out of me like a pimple gets squished of the face of a thirteen year hold hopelessly fighting off the effects of puberty. I go splat on the bathroom mirror of desperation and despair and land into depression.
The saving grace is summer. Ah glorious summer and all it's sunshine! All that sunshine that lends itself to complaints and longing for winter where everyone expresses the sentiment that at least in winter you can dress up in layers and turn on the heat in order to regulate comfort levels...whereas in the summer naked in a tub of ice is about as close to comfort as one can get...and that normally never works out.
So back to my allergy and clouds..my eyes won't stop weeping and my nose won't stop dripping and I wonder if I have late onset allergies? or if this is what it feels like for a person with allergies?
There is nothing wrong with me...

No comments: