Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bloody Buckets and Sam Hill


Oh okay, dammit. I have been a total whiner lately. Which is funny because I personally can't stand complaining. Something inside of me dies when I hear someone drone on about something in their lives they aren't happy with...and I am being such a hyprocrit right now!
Okay, the essay is in. Really, I finished it...the first one of my Masters carreer..and you know what...I feel okay. I know it isn't my best work...but somehow I decided to lay my heart down along the path and I didn't pick it up for purposes of writing the essay. All is okay.
Really, what do I have to worry about...nothing.
Honestly, I have lived through some interesting experiences, even have the scars to prove my journey has been rough. Academia is not rough...so why am I whining?
I think I must be a battered wife...metaphorically. I can't enjoy something if it doesn't come with its fair share of lumps...and honestly there are no real lumps to be had in Academia. You talk to somone and read some books and perhaps write a ditty or two and et voila you get a title and a piece of paper which apparently states you know something...doesn't have to be earthshattering and rarely ever is, just know something. Well shoot, I know a whole bunch of things!
So, it is time for inspiration.
I need to get into a creative writing class. I need some new music. I need a new hair colour. And some of those funky foam shoes.
Hoping Mary Ellen doesn't retire so I can sit in on her classes and find my writing spirit again. I think my soul misses my hands holding a pen and splurging on the paper. The honesty needs to purge.
And in the end FUCK THEM ALL!
Clean up your own damn mess and stop shitting!
over and out

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those shoes!!! Mine are black but I'd sure love a yellow pair like these:
http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/archives/photos_people/060424_1534.shtml

Glad to see you're finally able to see what the rest of us have been looking at with anticipation for so long, She.

Sheyde said...

Dammit, couldn't follow the link. Thankyou for your kind words. I think it is typical of my nature, to get wrapped up in a molehill until I get pissed off that a freaking molehill was tripping me up. Then I turn that anger into something productive. Just takes a spoonfull of self-doubt to motivate me! The anti-Mary Poppins...and yet she works so well for me! Although I am more of a fan of Polly Anna...she really changed my life. Her and David Bowie...major turning points...ahem for entirely different reasons!
Thanks again. Now, time for me to save the world...dammit where is my she-mobile and my cape is in the laundry...ah well still have the rusty buss pass.
OOOO heard from a bus driver, that they are forcing the U-Pass through even though the students voted against it. I am SO gonna love september if that is true, cuz shit is gonna hit the mother loving fan and I will get to watch it ALL!

Unknown said...

Fuckin' A! I think that the U-Pass will be the best think to happen in that university. Too many kids driving their parents' Hummers down 30 klicks from the Mission and back for one hour-long class. Suck it up kiddies, welcome to the real world.
The only problem is that the city will really have to update their transit schedules... I'm sure you are well aware of the inadequacies surrounding that.
:)