Tuesday, May 23, 2006

She came undone...

Did you ever take a piece of rope and twist it up so you could watch it unwind. That is how I feel. I go through periods of being twisted up, haunted by exterior forces to become tighter, tauter, controlled...eventually I release...and I wind away from all the pressure. It is an unavoidable cycle for me. So beautiful and so graceful...yet so scared and even more sacred then I had ever dreamt.
Amazing I never thought I would know what this feels like, this being ...being right now.
So, I am past a week of heat and nightmares and fears. Now I am into a rythm...a slow steady rythm that asks me to show up at work...whenever I can. The same rythm asks me to be wary of my academic obligations but don't fret them. A rythm of coming home and making sure the next meal is hot and the floor is vacuumed and the bed is made for two individuals who come together so exquistely in the middle of the night.
My rope is unwinding...twirling down, gracefully as though it was planned.

2 comments:

Mystress Fyre said...

it's really freaky how you and I are on the same path. I swear we're cut from the same emotional cloth! I have diff circumstances but similar reactions.....when are we going to be neighbours?

Sheyde said...

I don't think the universe could handle us in the same proximity!! I would though love to live next door to you! Gosh that would be wonderful...although two people feeling the same thing everyday...yikes...and living close together...people would be traumatized by us!!
Although the thought of toddling over to your place for a cup of tea and some quiet chatting really sounds lovely right now!