Friday, February 01, 2008

The Cheesecake Burlesque



Hmm, I think it would do me some good to back and review some of my older posts and I completely missed the comments that the performers from Cheesecake shared with me. Which is any of you wonderful ladies are reading this now, you're most welcome and I am SO happy you came to Kelowna! And now I wonder if you will be coming again?
I wish Kelowna arts culture supported more performances such as the ones Cheesecake does. Thankfully because of UBC-O, the Rotary Centre for the Arts now has a Distinguished Speakers series, which I believe to be brilliant. The community needs more venues to become informed and educated about their local and global community. And also "famous puppet death scenes" have finally made their way into the valley, after much critical acclaim and press...FINALLY!!
However, I want the burlesque back!
So with that I add the website for the Cheesecake ladies...yes, they are ladies, talented and beautiful marked with a great sense of humour!!!

Check them out: www.cheesecakeburlesque.com
www.champagnesparkles.ca

I would recommend keeping them busy and booking them...certainly worth every single one of your coloured Canadian dollars that is continually above parody these days!

4 comments:

Champagne Sparkles said...

Awwww... shucks! You made us blush!

Thanks so much and we'll work on making a repeat appearance! Any suggestions for venues?

Bixi Bite said...

I would really love to perform in Kelowna in July this year. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start! I'm coming as a solist, and I think it would be best if a bar let me perform. Coming out from backstage every 20 minutes for a short solo.

Normally I perform in gay bars, goth bars, and other places that have open stages and local band nights 7 days a week. I don't even know if Kelowna has any of these kinds of places...

cheesecake burlesque said...

Bixi,

E-mail me at info (at) cheesecakeburlesque.com and I will give you what info I have from when we performed there - however, I do not live in Kelowna.

Champagne Sparkles said...

We'll be back in Kelowna in November!

November 19 - Rotary Centre for the Arts - Full Show
November 21 - Guest Performing at Evergreen Jazz - the Rotary Centre for the Arts Fundraiser!!!

Hope to see lots of Kelowna folks out!