Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A slow day in the posting world

I guess I should count myself lucky I don't have a readership, otherwise I would get complaints about why I am not posting as frequently as I once did.
Do you ever get the feeling like you are saying the same thing over and over again? I do. And really how much can one take of the same song? Scratch that...I know of songs I can listen to over and over again...and no I am not talking about Crimson and Clover!!!
Lately, the road of life and academia has felt utterly hectic and overwhelming! So as indicated I am in the last semester of course work, which is liberating and confining all at once!
I have a research proposal and an ethics proposal I want to work on and complete. I also have a housing course with the most task driven professor I have ever met in my life and by the end of his course I will have written a sum total of 65 pages...and that's just what is asked from the syllabus, who knows what else he will ask for!!! So I am expecting for this semester to write close to if not above a 100 pages grand total....that addition makes me want to nap. And then there is my other problem, I see the mountain of work I have to do, and suddenly a nap seems like a great idea and there I am napping!! I think I am one of the most well rested graduate students ever to exist!!! I can't stop sleeping!!! And I am not joking, I am addicted to sleep...I sleep whenever I can for as long as I can!! At some point a person can't be tired, but somehow I manage it...miraculous...no.
Although, my research question has drummed itself out, my research methodology has drummed itself out...and everything is progressing along in a very timely fashion.
But then I watch CHBC news...with a small amount of glee to see Sean Harvey get jailed and wish that we could jail Prez Bush and few other politicians, but okay Sean can be my frustration goat! Weirdly, murders and round-abouts are the run of the mill in local news....the top end of the news is completely benign and filled with stories about construction and roads and then voila we move onto Rhonda Black and another fellow murderer whose name escapes me right now...and I begin to wonder when Court TV will begin to feature the Okanagan the crime hotspot with lots of roundabouts??!!!???
And this is what you are left with a pile of nothing. Absolutely no entertainment that I can provide you...and just the satisfaction that a year from now I will look back over this post and realize how simpy and wimpy my life is as a researcher!

2 comments:

Mystress Fyre said...

How on earth did Sean Harvey go to Jail? I have vague rememberances of him having money issues while being Mayor...breaking up with his wife, sliding down hill....oh fill me IN!

I remember when I was a teeny tiny youngster in Vernon and he was the Radio Announcer on CJIB (??) Long long LONG ago!

ohmygawd!

Sheyde said...

Ya he defrauded the city of Vernon, and used the city mastercard to fund trips and shopping sprees and such...he got caught, he was reprimanded and had some sentence slapped on him that limited his movement and I think where he was allowed to shop...he got caught going to Kelowna three seperate times and shopping in places he apparently is supposed to be...so the judge said that he felt Sean needed to be shown that his bad behaviour is serious, so threw him in jail for a week...go to CHBC website...on there is videos from their newsclips...just go through their headlines or news? and you will find it